Latest Updates |
The Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences was established after formation of State of Telangana by adopting the Dr.NTR University of Health Sciences Act vide G.O.M s No. 20 HM&FW (Cl) Department Dated: 26.09.2014 with head quarters at Warangal. Dr. B.Karunakar Reddy was appointed as first vice – Chancellor vide G.O.Ms No. 99 HM&FW Dept. (Cl) Dated: 26.11.2015.
Under the able-guidance of Hon’ble Health Minister Sri Ch.Laxma Reddy garu and Special Chief Secretary Sri Rajeshwar Tiwari l.A.S. garu, all necessary approvals have been obtained from the Medical Council of India, Dental Council of India, Central Council for Indian Medicine, Central Council of Homeopathy and Indian Nursing Council University of Health Sciences started functioning from the academic year 2016-17 from a small renovated block in the Kakatiya Medical College campus. All colleges which were affiliated to Dr.NTR UHS were dis-affiliated and affiliated to KNRUHS from 01.06.2016 vide G.0.Ms No. 05 HM&FW Dept. (Cl) Dept Dated: 09.02.2016. KNR University of Health Sciences is functioning as an affiliating University offering Under Graduate, Post Graduate, Super Specialty, Doctoral and Post Doctoral Courses in the following branches of Health Sciences.
- Allopathy ( Modern Medicine )
- Dental Surgery
- Indian Systems of Medicine:- Ayurvedha, Naturopathy and Unani
- Para Medical Courses:- Nursing, Medical Lab Technology and Physiotherapy
The University is offering Under Graduate, Post Graduate, Super Specialty, Doctoral courses and Post Doctoral Courses in the following branches of Health Sciences with intake of students as follows:
|Name of the course||No. of colleges||No. of UG Seats||No. of P.G Seats||No. Super Specialty seats|
|Allopathy (Modern Medicine)||27||3950||1408||90|
|BSc Medical Lab Technology||20||685||—||—|
MPH(Indian Institute Of Public Health) & MSc-Nutrition(NIN) and Fellow-ship courses in various institutions are also affiliated to KNR UHS, Warangal
One of the objects of the establishment of State Health University is to have uniform policies of admissions, curriculum, examinations and to encourage research in Health Sciences thereby achieving the goal of improvement of health care delivery to the people of Telangana State. KNR University of Health Sciences is striving to expand its activities including curriculum development and research development in all systems of Health Sciences.
Admissions for the academic year 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19 have been completed successfully. All the admissions have been completed in the time frame prescribed by the Central Councils, like MCI, DCI, CCIM, CCH, INC etc., All admissions including Management Quota seats have been completed as per the merit in the NEET UG, NEET PG and AIPGET (AYUSH -PG) and other entrance examinations by the University duly following the Government regulations. For academic year 2018-19 PG Medical Admissions have been completed.
Examinations for batches admitted in the academic year 2016-17 and 2017-18 have been conducted and results have been released. Digital evaluation process was followed for evaluation of answer scripts.
NEW MEDICAL COLLEGES AND INCREASE OF SEATS
There is a significant increase in establishment of new Medical Colleges after formation of Telangana State with increase of seats in MBBS (About 1000), MD/MS (about 400), Super Specialty (50) and in BHMS (200) Courses as a consequence of systamatic planning and untiring efforts of Honorable Chief Minister Government Medical College at Mahabubnagar, ESI Medical Colleges at Hyderabad, Govt. Medical College at Siddipet and 4 Private Medical Colleges ( Mahavir Medical College, RVM Medical College, Maheshwara Medical College, Aayan Medical College) have been started after the formation of Telangana State. Permission for New Government Medical College at Siddipet and Aayan Medical College (Minority Medical College) has been given by MCI from academic year 2018-19. (2) New Private Homeo Colleges also have been started. New Medical Government Colleges at Nalgonda and Suryapet has being established.
KNR University of Health Sciences is the only University with complete digitalization of entire University work. The entire activities of pre-examination, examination, post-examination are being digitalized for having transparency and effective error free results in collaboration with TCS.
CONSTRUCTION OF UNIVERSITY BUILDINGS
Hon’ble Chief Minister Sri. K. Chandra Shekar Rao garu has kindly allotted the land of Central Prison, Warangal for establishment of University campus. The Hon’ble Prime Minister of India Sri. Narendra Modi garu has laid the foundation stone for construction of University building on 8th August 2016. Construction of administrative block with estimated cost of 20-Crores has been started and is under progress under the supervision of TSMSIDC.
Vision & Objective
The aims & objects of the University:
- To maintain a uniform curriculum in all the institutions affiliated to it.
- To conduct a common admissions as per merit to the courses in all the institutions affiliated as per government and central council guidelines and following NEET or other entrance examination merit
- To improve the standards of Medical Education including Research.
- Improvement of standards of medical education in Telangana
- Maintenance of uniform curriculum in all the affiliated colleges
- Conduction of a good quality basic and applied research, to arrive at solutions to the healthcare needs of the people of Telangana
The university advocates and promotes improvisation of available natural resources for preparation of medicines for cure of human ailments, thereby bringing out the true spirit of the ancient proverb in scriptures” Vaidyo Narayano Harihi” By establishment of the university, all disciplines of health sciences are brought under one roof: namely modern medicine, ancient Indian systems of medicine, Dentistry, Homeo system and allied health sciences like physiotherapy, nursing, paramedical sciences. The degrees awarded by the university will be recognized by national statutory bodies like MCI, DCI, Central council of Indian Medicine, Central council of Homeopathy and Indian nursing council. The university strives to keep up the standards of Health Education by strict adherence to rules governing each course as per the decisions of the respective councils.
The University shall have the following powers and functions, namely:
- To formulate and maintain uniform curriculum and system of examinations for all the affiliated Colleges in the courses respective systems of Health Sciences.
- To conduct a common admissions for all the affiliated Colleges in the respective systems of Health Sciences.
- To improve the standards of Medical Education including Research.
- To provide for instruction and training in such branches of medicine and allied sciences as may be considered suitable and to make provision for research and for the advancement and dissemination of knowledge in Health Sciences.
- To institute degrees, titles, diplomas, certificates and other academic distinctions and to provide instruction for such courses of study as it may determine.
- To develop, upgrade and start departments in the medical specialties, as may be required and to provide instruction for such courses of study, as it may determine.
- To confer degrees, titles, diplomas and other academic distinctions on persons who shall have carried out research in the University or in any other centre or institution recognized by the University under the conditions prescribed:
- To hold examinations and to confer honorary degrees or other distinctions under conditions prescribed:
- To prescribe conditions under which the award of any degree, title, diploma and other academic distinction may be withheld;
- To institute, maintain and administer University Colleges, hospitals and laboratories and institutes of research, libraries or other institutions necessary to carry out the objections of the University.
- To affiliate or recognize colleges and institutions and to withdraw such affiliation or recognition as per government / university / central council regulations
- To institute Professorships, Associate Professorships, Assistant Professorships, Lectureships and other teaching or academic posts required by the University and to appoint persons to such posts.
- To supervise and control hostels and to regulate and enforce discipline among the students of the University and to make arrangements for promoting their health and general welfare.
- To cooperate with any other University, authority or association or any other public or private body within or outside India with purposes and objects similar to those of the University on such terms and conditions, as may, from time to time, be prescribed, in respect of such matters as may be agreed upon.
- To establish and maintain University libraries, research stations, museums and Press and Publication bureau.
- To establish research posts and appoint persons to such posts.
- To institute and award fellowships including traveling fellowships, scholarships, incentives and prizes in the manner prescribed.
- To establish, maintain or recognize hostels for students of the University and residential accommodation for the staff of the University and to withdraw any such recognition.
- To fix fees and to demand and receive such fees as may be prescribed.
- To hold an manage endowments, medals, prizes and other properties and funds of the University.
- To undertake publication of works of merit and research pertaining to the Health Sciences.
- To participate in National Cadet Corps training; and such other recognized courses of training.
- To organize, encourage, regulate and control University Unions.
- To enter into agreements with other bodies or persons for the purpose of promoting the objects of the University including the assuming of the management of any institution under them and the taking over of its rights and liabilities.
- To manage and control all immovable and movable property transferred to the University on the appointed day or subsequent thereto and to apply it as trustee, subject to the provisions of and for the purpose of this Act; and
- To do all such acts and things, whether incidental to the objects and powers aforesaid or not, as may be necessary or desirable to further the objects of the University.
Dr. B. Karunakar Reddy
|Name of the Officer||Designation||Wing||Email ID|
|Dr. B. Karunakar Reddy||Vice-Chancellor||Administrationemail@example.com|
|Dr. T. Venkateshwar Rao||Rector||Administrationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. D. Praveen Kumar||Registrar||Administrationemail@example.com|
|Dr. Y. Malleshwar||Controller of Examinations||Examsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. D. Ramesh Kumar||Joint Registrar||Admissionsemail@example.com|
|Dr. K. Hemanth Kumar||Deputy Registrar||Admissionsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|DR. K. Ramanuja Rao||Deputy Registrar||Examsemail@example.com|
|Dr. Raju Devde||Deputy Registrar||Examsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Nizampura, Warangal, Telangana 506007